That set of twisties ahead? Own them. All of them. Own every late turn-in point, apex, and corner exit. The CBR500R is LAMS approved – but also every square millimeter a CBR. Aggressive styling and new graphics combine with the twin-cylinder engine that spins hard at your command and upgraded suspension and brakes that will fill you with confidence. If you’re ready to step up to the real race-bred performance, the adrenaline rush starts here.
New Showa 41mm Separate Function Fork Big Piston (SFF-BP) USD forks separate damping from spring and give a supple response, especially braking from the speed with a fingertip feel for front tyre grip. New lightweight wheels and swingarm – plus more forward-set weight bias – sharpen handling even further. The free-spinning parallel twin-cylinder engine produces 35kW @ 8,600rpm with a peak torque of 43Nm @ 6,500rpm. Complete with a thrilling howl through the exhaust as you chase redline.
- Responsive and economical - 471cc fuel-injected twin-cylinder engine
- Added safety - Front and rear disc brakes, combined with standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Aerodynamic - Aggressively-styled fully-faired supersport machine
- Premium handling - 41mm Showa inverted forks and rear Pro-Link suspension with adjustable pre-load
- Twin-cylinder engine - The light and narrow 471cc parallel cylinder engine offers plenty of power and torque in the midrange, striking the perfect balance of what a mid-sized motorcycle engine should be. PGM-FI continuously ensures the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the conditions, giving you a crisp throttle response at all times.
- Sports riding position - The lower handlebars let you sit further forward, putting more weight on the front wheel and giving you sportier handling, while still being comfortable to ride all day.
- LED lighting - Bright LED headlights and taillight deliver great visibility.
- Digital instrument panel - Easy-to-read LCD screen features a digital speedometer, tachometer, gear position indicator, clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
|Engine Type||8 Valve liquid-cooled, inline twin-cylinder, 4-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke||67mm x 66.8mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
Wheels, Suspension & Brakes
|Suspension Front||41mm telescopic fork|
|Suspension Rear||single shock|
|Brakes Front||2x 310mm disc, ABS|
|Brakes Rear||1x 240mm disc, ABS|
Dimensions & Weight
|Fuel Capacity||17.1 Litres|
|Dimensions||2,080mm (L) x 760mm (W) x 1,145mm (H)|
Finance & InsuranceWe are proud to be partnered with trusted finance and insurance partners to get you sorted with peace of mind, for both in-store and online purchases. See our full range of finance and insurance here.
Get in touch with our team today to see if this bike is right for your needs. We'll arrange a consultation or test ride and help make it happen.
Please Note: This video shows a previous model, our current model may differ.
Sizing Charts by Brand
Listed by brand (in alphabetical order). Here you can find up-to-date sizing charts. If you have further questions, or if we've missed something, reach out and our team can assist.
Looking for Something? Shop by brand
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.