Please note: This product may not be available in-store currently, so please contact us to find out about availability.
When the CMX debuted just a few years ago, riders everywhere loved the way it combined a fresh, blacked-out look with timeless features like low seat height, bobber styling and its narrow 471cc parallel-twin engine with an ultimately user-friendly powerband. For 2020, the CMX is still that learner licence-friendly 500cc parallel twin-cylinder compact cruiser you know but we’ve added some impressive upgrades; like an LED lighting package (headlight, taillight, turn signals and more) new instruments, a slipper/assist clutch that lightens clutch pull and some new suspension.
We’ve also added a kitted-up variant to the mix, called the CMX500 ‘S Edition.’ It showcases a different and new direction for the CMX range, one that many have been anticipating for quite some time. The CMX S Edition has a set of factory-fitted accessories including; a headlight cowl, all-black fork covers and gaiters, plus a diamond-stitch style seat. Now more than ever, you can really express yourself on a CMX.
- Die-cast aluminium rear subframe: Here's a chance for Honda's designers to take a functional part of the motorcycle and make it look extra cool. The aluminium subframe/fender mounts are strong, subtle, light, and provide a solid foundation for the optional/removable passenger seat
- 11.2L fuel tank: One of the key items in motorcycle design is the fuel tank. Holding 11.2L, the CMX's iconic fuel-tank shape is timeless, but functionally it also teams up with the bikes great fuel efficiency to give you plenty of range
- Sporty engine: Twin-cylinder engines are a great choice for a machine like the CMX. Honda twins are famous for their versatility and the 471cc engine in the CMX is one of our best ever. The parallel-twin engine is narrow, which helps reduce overall bike size. Plus, it offers lots of low-rpm torque, but plenty of higher-rpm performance
- Superior handling: A lot of today's motorcycles look great standing still, but disappoint once the road gets twisty. At Honda, we set high standards for the way all our bikes handle and feel, and the CMX is a perfect example we've paid just as much attention to the way this bike corners and handles as we have its knockout styling
- Cast aluminium wheels: Cast wheels front and rear are light, practical, easy to keep clean and give the CMX a look that tells you this is not built like a retro machine. The wide rims and tyres add to the bike's appearance, too
- Slipper assist clutch: New for 2020, this is a technology first developed and perfected in Honda's racing machines. The slipper/assist clutch means you get a lighter clutch pull at the lever but a solid lockup when you release the lever and applies power. It's a technology that reduces clutch effort at the bar by about 30 per cent
- Wide rear tyre: The CMX's low, fat 16-inch rear tire gives you plenty of grip and helps lower the bikes overall seat height and stance. It looks tough, too
|Bore & Stroke (mm)||67 x 66.8|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Brakes (F)||1x 296mm disc, ABS|
|Brakes (R)||1x 240mm disc, ABS|
|Front Suspension Type||41mm telescopic fork|
|Front Wheel Travel (mm)||121|
|Rear Suspension Type||twin shocks|
|Rear Wheel Travel (mm)||95|
|Fuel Capacity (L)||11.2|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||135|
|Overall Height (mm)||1090|
|Overall Length (mm)||2205|
|Overall Width (mm)||820|
|Seat Height (mm)||690|
We are proud to be partnered with trusted finance and insurance partners to get you sorted with peace of mind, for both in-store and online purchases. See our full range of finance and insurance here.
Finance & Insurance
Get in touch with our team today to see if this bike is right for your needs. We'll arrange a consultation or test ride and help make it happen.
Disclaimer: Rebel 300 shown this video is not available in New Zealand. The tank pad shown in the photo is an optional add-on.
Sizing Charts by Brand
Listed by brand (in alphabetical order). Here you can find up-to-date sizing charts. If you have further questions, or if we've missed something, reach out and our team can assist.
Looking for Something? Shop by brand
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.