Please note: This product may not be available in-store currently, so please contact us to find out about availability.
Images show the overseas model. NZ specification bikes may not have all features shown in overseas collateral. Sat Nav is not available in NZ spec bike. Please talk to your local Honda dealer for more information.
The 2020 CRF1100L Africa Twin has a sharply-renewed focus on off-road core ability, that brings with it the look – and feel – of a true rally machine.
Pulling inspiration from the legendary heritage of the Africa Twin and combining it with the latest cutting edge technology the Africa Twin will take adventure riders to an entirely different level.
Smaller, slimmer and 4kg lighter, it offers even more athletic performance, thanks also to larger 1,084cc engine, which now produces 7% more peak power, 6% more peak torque and is much stronger everywhere in the rev-range.
At the centre of the Africa Twin, the addition of a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) controls not only the 7-level HSTC but also (new for 2020) 3-level Wheelie Control, Cornering ABS (with off-road setting) and Rear Lift Control. An OFF-ROAD setting also joins the URBAN, TOUR and GRAVEL default riding modes.
- Electronics - For 2020 the electronic system has smartly evolved and now works in conjunction with a six-axis IMU. At the very heart of the Africa Twin’s elevated on- and off-road performance is a Bosch MM7.10 six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) tucked away at the centre of the machine, that measures – in real-time – roll angle/rate, pitch angle/rate and yaw angle/rate. It manages rear wheel traction via TBW and HSTC, front braking grip through Cornering ABS, front-wheel lift through Wheelie Control and also adds Rear Lift Control
- Engine - The SOHC 8-valve parallel-twin engine now has a larger displacement of 1,084cc, up from 998cc. Significantly, the obvious increase in both power and torque makes itself felt from 2,500rpm all the way through to the redline
TFT Display - The full colour Multi-Information Display (MID) 6.5-inch TFT touch screen keeps the rider in control of all of the Africa Twin’s systems, with each of the riding modes¬ selectable through the top left of the screen. The MID can also be customised to show various levels of information relative to the riding mode chosen and is easy to use even when wearing gloves
Slimmer - The tail section is slimmer and the seat itself is 40mm narrower, for easier ground reach; its shape has also been carefully contoured to allow easier back and forth movement
- Lights - New dual LED headlights are set higher, deliver a penetrating beam and also feature Daytime Running Lights (DRL) that automatically adjust to ambient light intensity, improving safety, no matter the conditions
- Low Screen - The fixed screen is much shorter than before, to allow for easy scanning of the trail ahead and, while seat height remains 850-870mm, the handlebars now mount 22.5mm higher, giving a more upright riding position and comfortable control, whether standing or seated
- Apple car play - The TFT screen also incorporates Apple CarPlay®, allowing the use of an Apple iPhone® through the touchscreen. Navigation apps can also be accessed and displayed and via a Bluetooth helmet headset calls can be made or received
- Cruise control - For 2020 cruise control is now fitted as standard, to ease long-distance highway travel
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 8-valve parallel twin with 270° crank and uni-cam; 4-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke||92mm x 81.5mm|
|Ignition||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection (Throttle By Wire)|
|Starter||Push-button electric starter|
|Transmission||6-speed manual / 6-speed automatic DCT|
Wheels, Suspension & Brakes
|Suspension Front||Inverted fork w/204mm axle travel|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm w/220mm axle travel|
|Brakes Front||Two four-piston hydraulic callipers w/310mm discs; ABS|
|Brakes Rear||Single one-piston hydraulic calliper w/256mm discs; ABS|
Dimensions & Weight
|Seat Height||870mm (Standard) / 850mm (Low)|
|Kerb Weight||MT:226kg, DCT:236kg|
|Fuel Capacity||18.8 litres|
|Dimensions||2,330mm(L) x 960mm(W) x 1,395mm(H)|
We are proud to be partnered with trusted finance and insurance partners to get you sorted with peace of mind, for both in-store and online purchases. See our full range of finance and insurance here.
Finance & Insurance
Get in touch with our team today to see if this bike is right for your needs. We'll arrange a consultation or test ride and help make it happen.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.